top of page
The historic village of Warburton, situated between the Rivers Bollin and Mersey, lies around 4 miles from the market town of Altrincham. Referred to in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Warburgtune, the village name derives from St.Werburgh, an Anglo-Saxon saint and patron saint of Chester, to whom the village church is dedicated. The suffix 'ton' denotes a settlement or farmstead in Anglo-Saxon.
CONTACT WARBURTON PARISH COUNCIL
bottom of page